Carrollton PD arrested a shooting suspect at a Dallas hospital in June

Law enforcement sources confirm to the WFAA that Nestor Hernandez has been arrested twice this year while on parole.

CARROLLTON, Texas — Nestor Hernandez has been arrested twice this year while on parole, law enforcement sources confirm to the WFAA.

Dallas police arrested Hernandez, the man charged with capital murder in the Saturday, March 9 Methodist hospital shooting for a parole violation while investigating a minor accident. He was released to his parole officer in April, Dallas police said.

Carrollton police told the WFAA their officers also arrested Nestor Hernandez in June.

On June 17, two Carrollton Police officers observed and recognized Hernandez walking through the parking lot of an apartment building at 1910 S. Josey Lane while working a separate drug case. Officers were aware of a “full extradition warrant” for Hernandez from the Texas Pardon and Parole Board. Officers approached and detained Hernandez, who verbally identified himself to police.

Officers then diligently conducted a warrant check to confirm his status and arrested him. Before placing him in their police cruiser, officers said, Hernandez intentionally headbutted the vehicle, causing a “minor dent”.

He was incarcerated in Carrollton Jail without incident, then released to his parole officer, who incarcerated him in Dallas County Jail. He was later transferred to the custody of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and released in September with an ankle monitor.

According to the TDCJ, Hernandez was previously paroled for his eight-year aggravated robbery sentence in 2015 on Oct. 21, 2021, with a special condition of electronic ankle monitoring.

The TDCJ also confirmed that Hernandez had “clearance to be in the hospital with her significant other during labor. [of their child].”

According to his arrest warrant from the Dallas police, Hernandez then began “acting strangely” in the hospital and accused his girlfriend of cheating on him. The suspect began searching the room to see if anyone else was there, according to the warrant. Hernandez then pulled out a handgun and hit his girlfriend repeatedly in the head with it, according to the affidavit.

According to the warrant, Hernandez then began making “ominous” calls and texts to his family and told his girlfriend, “We’re both going to die today” and “anyone who comes into this room will die with us”.

The warrant stipulated that the first victim, Jacqueline Pokua, then entered the room and was fatally shot by Hernandez. According to the warrant, the second victim, Annette Flowers, and Methodist Hospital Police Sgt. Robert Rangel was in the hallway and heard the shot. The warrant said Flowers then looked around the room to see the body of the first victim and was also shot by Hernandez.

sergeant. Rangel then took cover and shot Hernandez in the right leg, according to the warrant.

Hernandez was then detained and taken to another hospital for treatment. He has since been charged with capital murder.

This is a developing story. Stay with WFAA for more information as it becomes available.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *